- A Physiotherapy service with the specific objective of keeping employees in work or returning to work at the earliest opportunity.
- Who uses this service?
Due to the effectiveness of successfully rehabilitating employees we currently provide this service to a wide range of companies including North West Ambulance Service, Manchester City Council, Akcros Chemicals, Co-operative Group and Robinsons Unicorn Brewery to name just a few.
- Did you know?
After 6 months of being off work because of back pain there is a 50% chance of not returning to work which increases to 75% at one year. To prevent musculoskeletal injuries from causing absenteeism we provide a “rapid response” physiotherapy service which is second to none.
- Our physiotherapy service aims to:
- Prevent sickness absence due to Musculoskeletal disorders
- Manage and resolve sickness absence due to musculoskeletal disorders
- Provide a cost effective service. Research shows that for every pound spent on vocational rehabilitation, twelve pound is saved
- Reduce expenditure on special investigation, invasive procedures and consultants
- Provide evidence-based treatment including “hands on” techniques appropriate to the individual’s presentation
- Address maladaptive psychological and behavioural problems
- Encourage self-management and active coping skills
- Implement strategies to enable the injured individual to return to work
- Provide immediate information on work capability
- Reduce the overall cost of claims
- How does this service work?
- Staff suffering from musculoskeletal injuries can be referred direct to us without needing to see their GP.
- The employee will be offered an appointment for assessment and treatment within 48 HOURS of referral.
- Employees can choose from any of our clinics within Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
- Employees will undergo a thorough assessment with one of our highly trained and experienced therapists.
- Within 24 hours a comprehensive report will be sent outlining appropriate prognosis, recommendations, work related restrictions and treatment plans.